General Magnet Information
The Magnet Programs are Court-Ordered voluntary integration opportunities available to students in grades K-12 living within the LAUSD boundaries.
All integration programs, including Magnet and PWT, were established by Court Order to address the five harms of racial isolation:
- Low Academic Achievement
- Low Self-Esteem
- Lack of Access to Post-secondary Opportunities
- Interracial Hostility and Intolerance
- Overcrowded Conditions
All students living within the LAUSD boundaries, including English Learners, Special Education and Gifted/Talented are encouraged to apply. To apply for Vintage Math/Science/Technology Magnet or any other magnet school, you must complete the Choices application that is online at LAUSDMagnets.com
or in the CHOICES brochure and ensure that it is postmarked or received at the LAUSD offices downtown by Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. Go to echoices.lausd.net if you missed the application window and would like to complete a "Late Application". The "Late Application" will be available online beginning on February 1, 2022.
Blank CHOICES brochures are available at Los Angeles City Public Libraries, LAUSD schools, and PCSB Offices. Please remember that paper applications must be postmarked by Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
If a student is continuing in the same Magnet Program at the same school next year, DO NOT complete a new application. However, if the child’s name was on a waiting list last year, or you wish to change from one Magnet to another, or if your child will be matriculating to the next school level, a new application must be submitted to be eligible for selection.
- For more information about the LAUSD Magnet program, please click on the LAUSDMagnets.com.
- For general information about schools in LAUSD, please go to the Unified Enrollment website at goto.lausd.net.
- For academic achievement data on public schools from the California Department of Education click on https://www.caschooldashboard.org/#/Home